Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY

DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY 4 years 10 months ago #3641

which is better to do,DMRD from a very good college or MD Radiology from an average college.It would be very nice if anybody could tell the order of preference for these courses from colleges in north india like delhi,rajasthan,haryana,up,mp,bihar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY 4 years 10 months ago #3642

Dear friend,

It depends upon what are your long term perspectives, if you want to have a quick licence in your hand and do the private practice, than go for DMRD, if you want to pursue your carrier in medical college ie assistant,associate, and professor level than go for the MD radio-diagnosis, but at any point of time MD is better than DMRD in long run.

Regards

Re:DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY 4 years 10 months ago #3643

Thanks for the suggestion,I would also like to know whether a DMRD student is exposed to all that what a MD is i.e. CT and MRI or only to USG and Xray.How is the idea of doing radiology as superspecialization after doing MD MEDICINE instead of conventional superspecialization like cardiology or gastroenterology. In that case which would be better DMRD from a good college or MD RADIOLOGY from an average college.

Re:DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY 4 years 10 months ago #3644

point is your subject of interest
ur level of intelligence to get MD radiology

if u want carrer in radiology and can get MD then its fine no point in doing dmrd
if u can do md in other subject then no pOint in doing dmrd
only if u can do radiology and it suits u and u want lazy life style sit in AC and cannot do medicine or surgery or u only made for radiology then u can do dmrd if u can not get into MD and later on do DNB buT beware of DNB not so easy can take long time or u may give up

other option whicH is better is DMRD WITH FRCR THATS GREAT IF U CAN DO
IF U TAKE RADIOLOGY PRIVATE PRACTICE IS ONLY A GOOD OPTION AS WHAT U GET IN INSTITUTES IS ONLY HALF WHAT U EARN IN PRIVATE , SO BYTIME U BECOME PROFESSOR U WOULD TOUCH SALARY OF PRIVATE WHAT U GET JUST PASSING

SO MY OPINION IS GO FOR 2YR DNB AFTER DMRD IF UR NOT IN MD AND SIMULTANEOUSLY CLEAR FRCR

DO PRIVATE PRACTICE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE

AFTER ALL ITS MONEY WHICH MATTERS
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Dr. Harpreet Saini.

Re:DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY 4 years 10 months ago #3645

Hii

Just go for MD man, no point in doing DMRD and then doing DNB 'cos its in end only Monopoly of MDs :angry: who run the show(? oops did I sounded quite blunt :P )

Well I have been through endless discrimination. I was DMRD (my hardluck in the sense my college had ONLY ONE MD SEAT AND THAT ALSO RESERVED FOR OBC and I never got that good rank to get an All india MD seat) and went for SR interviews in Delhi. Boy it was soo frustating and pathetic. DMRD does the same stuff as any MD minus the crap of doing Jee Huzoori of HOD/Senior consultants (as he/she has nothig to do with Thesis)I still remember the days of year 2004, I had exposure of Spiral CT ,Colour doppler and some basic MRI but still the SR seats in ACADEMIC INSTITUTES of Delhi (which pathetically at that time where not even having CT)was given to those MD candiadtes who had never ever seen a clor dopller machine or CT ;leave about how to report them. Soo man there is lot of DOUBLE STANDARDS in Indian set up. In fact I was so mighty pissed off that I decided to do DNB. Now after doing DNB again there is age old phenomenon of NO RECOGNITION sans MCI.
Soo to cut the story best is MD(if You get it). rest all is useless as per me.

I don't say all MD candidates are just lucky to get that seat, infact I do agree they are better then many DMRD but there also is a Category of DMRD candidates who are superior or equivalent to MD candidates in any aspect.

PS: Can anyone please supply me the name of that gentleman who had this horrible /dreadly dream of starting Diplomas in any field including Radiology? That Guy /guys have literally spoilt ACADEMIC careers of many many students.

I want all to think Judiciously over it. Its not my bickering but quite a rational thought.

Re:DMRD vs MD RADIOLOGY 4 years 10 months ago #3646

In many other vocations besides medicine there is a difference in diploma and degree courses based on duration of the course and exposure to subject matter. And they treated not at par.

DMRD is basically training to become a radiologist sans the exposure to the research part. Effectively they are trained as knowledge workers by gaining exposure to radiologic modalities for two years (one can get an exposure of six months for ultrasound and start practicing! No degree required). MDs get an exposure to research for one year at least, which is supposed to prepare them for an academic life. So when one tries to get a post at an academic institute, MDs will get preference over DMRD any day. Such bias has percolated to the private setups as well, which have nothing to do with academics. However once one starts performing, everyone is at par.

Demands of economics and faults in our systems have hopelessly mixed and matched things. Anyway academic brilliance has got not much to do with success in later life. But one has to carefully define one’s definition of success before charting a course. For some a good academic career is a success – MD is very desirable in that case. For some, money alone can suffice, so DMRD is a good option – you start earning one year early…