Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: recognition of dnb

Re:recognition of dnb 5 years 5 months ago #2482

• visitor
In the current circumstances of total deregulation of DNB training and even allowing DNB courses to diagnostic centres, in my opinion DNB should be derecognised. I am not talking about good olden days when training was done under proper supervision in medical colleges and excellent private centres.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:recognition of dnb 5 years 4 months ago #2513

• Rahul
Hi
this debate to me is endless.MCI presently stands for Most Corrupt Institution They are charging heavily from the private medical colleges and since the new head has been reinstated after being made to leave on the pretext of overt corruption speaks for itself of the MCI.
anyways i am not concerned about that I feel bad that even after tough grinding during DNB the candidates are made to suffer.I feel a representation should be made to the new health minister and he be explained the complete situation .This matter has become like kashmir issue ?? I hope here we shall have some solution once and for all with the new and dynamic health minister at the office.
Hope some one is listening--Don't play with the future of DNB candidates ????? :angry:

Re:recognition of dnb 5 years 4 months ago #2533

Thanks for the information.

It is true but there is Gazette notification as well as supreme court and Ministry of health order. One has to respect the Supreme Court. Dont you think this is high handedness of MCI against DNB post graduates.

Dr.M.C.Mouly.

Re:recognition of dnb 5 years 4 months ago #2534

mI too personally feel that some one should file a case against DNB stating that the NBE is issuing MCI unrecognised Post graduate degrees. It is the duty of the NBE to get the MCI recognition done. OR else let them shut down the NBE Board.

I Seriously regret the NBE attitude towards the DNB candidates.

Re:recognition of dnb 3 years 4 months ago #5381

MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA
AMENDMENT NOTIFICATION
New Delhi, the 3rd November, 2010

No.MCI-12(2)/2010-Med.Misc./33038 . - In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 33 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956), the Medical Council of India with the previous sanction of the Central Government, hereby makes the following Regulations to further amend the “Minimum Qualifications for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations 1998”, namely: -

1. (i) These Regulations may be called the “Minimum Qualifications for Teachers in Medical Institutions (Amendment) Regulations, 2010”.
(ii) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.

2. In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, the following additions/modifications/deletions/ substitutions, shall be, as indicated therein: -

3. In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in SCHEDULE-I, the following clause shall be added after Sl. No.9: -

“10. A person possessing DNB in the concerned broad-speciality, is eligible for admission in the Super-Speciality/Higher course(DM/M.Ch.).

11. Persons possessing DNB qualification on the basis of which they have already been promoted as Associate Professor/Professor in the concerned department, may be treated at par with MD/MS in the broad-speciality and DM/M.Ch. in the Super-Speciality without any further teaching/research experience.”

4.(i). In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in ‘TABLE-1’ under the heading “REQUIREMENTS OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE”, as amended vide notifications dated 21/07/2009, 28/10/2009 and 15/12/2009, in the column of ‘Academic qualifications’ for all the specialities, the following shall be inserted: -

“DNB (_________________)”
‘concerned speciality’

(ii). In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in ‘TABLE-1’ under the heading “REQUIREMENTS OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE”, as amended vide notifications dated 21/07/2009, 28/10/2009 and 15/12/2009, in the column of ‘Teaching Experience’ against the post of ‘Associate Professor/Reader’, for all the specialities, the following shall be inserted: -

“If a DNB qualified candidate is working as Assistant Professor in a M.C.I. recognized college medical /Central institute, he/she would require one more year of teaching/research experience to be promoted as Associate Professor over and above the minimum time frame for MD/MS candidate.”

(iii). In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in ‘TABLE-1’ under the heading “REQUIREMENTS OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE”, as amended vide notifications dated 21/07/2009, 28/10/2009 and 15/12/2009, the ‘Teaching Experience’ against the post of ‘Assistant Professor/Lecturer’, for all the specialities, shall be substituted as under: -

“(i) For the candidates possessing MD/MS Degree from M.C.I. recognised medical college.

Three years teaching experience in the subject as Resident/Registrar/Demonstrator/Tutor in a recognised medical college either during the post-graduation course or after obtaining postgraduate degree in the subject.

(ii) For the candidates possessing DNB Qualification from MCI recognized medical colleges/central institutes where there are no MD/MS courses running

Three years teaching experience in the subject in a recognized medical college either during the DNB course or after possessing DNB qualification. The concerned candidate would also require one year of additional teaching/ research experience in the concerned subject in a recognized medical college after obtaining DNB qualification.'

(iii) For the candidates possessing DNB Qualification from MCI recognized medical colleges/central institutes where there are MD/MS courses running

Three years teaching experience in the subject in a recognized medical college either during the DNB course or after obtaining DNB qualification

(iv) For the candidates possessing DNB Qualification from Centers other than of MCI recognized medical colleges/central institutes.

Three years teaching experience in the subject either during the DNB course or after possessing DNB qualification. The concerned candidate would require two years additional teaching experience as Sr. Resident/Research Associate (CSIR) in a MCI recognized medical college/central institute.”

(iv). In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in ‘TABLE-1’ under the heading “REQUIREMENTS OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE”, as amended vide notifications dated 21/07/2009, 28/10/2009 and 15/12/2009, the ‘Research Experience’ against the post of ‘Professor’, for all the specialities, shall be substituted as under: -

“Four Research papers accepted/published in index /national journal as first/second author on cumulative basis. Out of these four research publications minimum two research publication must be published during the tenure of the Associate Professor.”

(v). In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in ‘TABLE-1’ under the heading “REQUIREMENTS OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE”, as amended vide notifications dated 21/07/2009, 28/10/2009 and 15/12/2009, the ‘Research Experience’ against the post of ‘Associate Professor/Reader’, for all the specialities, shall be substituted as under: -

“Two Research papers accepted/published in index /national journal as first/second author during the tenure of Assistant Professor.”

(vi). In the “Minimum Qualification for Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations, 1998”, in ‘TABLE-1’ under the heading “REQUIREMENTS OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE”, as amended vide notifications dated 21/07/2009, 28/10/2009 and 15/12/2009, the ‘Research Experience’ against the post of ‘Assistant Professor/Lecturer’, for all the specialities, the following shall be inserted: -

“For the candidates obtaining DNB qualification from centers other than MCI recognized medical colleges/central institutes, the concerned candidate should have minimum two publications (accepted/published) in the index journal(national/international as first/second author). In case, the concerned candidate does not have the required publication, he/she must have a total of three years teaching experience in a recongised medical college/central institute after possessing DNB qualification.”

(Dr. P. Prasannaraj)
Additional Secretary
Medical Council of India

Foot Note: The Principal Regulations namely, “Minimum Qualifications for
Teachers in Medical Institutions Regulations 1998” were published in Part – III, Section (4) of the Gazette of India on the 5th December, 1998, and amended vide MCI notifications dated 16/03/2005, dated 21/07/2009, dated 28/10/2009 and dated 15/12/2009.